Duration: 1 Hour 2 Minutes
About This Webinar
In this CLE webinar, the panel will provide a practical overview of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as HITECH, as it relates to the cybersecurity and privacy of covered entities and business associates. Panelists will discuss how to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule, Security Rule, Breach Notification Rule, and Enforcement Rule, as well as state HIPAA laws. HIPAA compliance in relation to ransomware will also be discussed. Finally, the panel will discuss regulatory guidance for mobile health-related (“mHealth”) apps.
This course is brought to you by the Global Cyber Institute and Thomson Reuters and it is national accredited (get CLE in all 50 states).
Topics that will be discussed:
- Overview of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Relates to the cybersecurity and privacy of covered entities
- How to comply with the HIPAA
Who should attend?
- Insurance executives
- In-house counsel
- Business executives
- Privacy attorneys
- Daniel Garrie, Law & Forensics
- Joey Johnson – CISO, Premise Health
- David A. Cass – Chief Information Security Officer, IBM Cloud & SaaS Operational Services
Attending the webinar
If you would like to attend the program, please click this link and add the program to your “Cart.” Please note you may need to click the link twice to reach the webinar’s page.